Sunday, July 1, 2018

Case# 257 - Cherish This Moment in Time

Hello July!! I wish that I could say it's nice to see you, but as I write this, we're in the middle of a heat wave. The new house has NO air conditioning. I am a little bit alotta bit cranky.

The beginning of a new month also means there's a new case up over at CSI : Color, Stories, Inspiration and, as per usual when it comes to pink, I procrastinated a bit. In the end I loved how this came out.

Here's the freestyle case prompts :


And the tradtional clues :


EVIDENCE

floral pattern
stripes
woodgrain pattern/wood
flowers/leaves
pineapple, lemon, or other fruit
banner
clouds
tissue paper
glasses
straw
quadrant design
include a black and white pattern
string
tiny brads

TESTIMONY (JOURNALING IDEAS)
Topic: Document something summer
Prompt Idea: Get inspired by these writing prompts.
Presentation: put your journaling on a circular journaling spot.
Writing Format: Write a 4-line poem—find inspiration and words to write off of from here.
Inspiration Words: refreshing, bright, adorable

THE SCHEME (RGB Codes)

171.217.207 – seafoam green
254.243.127 – lemony yellow
253.255.254 – white
11.10.4 – black
248.202.212 – carnation pink

And here's what I made with it !



So this photo of my smallest person was taken a few years ago now. Some days I forget that she's growing up. Other days I am ABSOLUTELY sure that I live in a house with three teenagers! The layout was inspired by the pink paper with the word cherish on it. It reminds me that I ought cherish the memories that I have of my kids growing up.

Here's how I solved this case :

COLOURS

Al of the colours are there, with the addition of a bit of green in the leaves

EVIDENCE

Floral pattern
Stripes (black and white around the edge)
Flowers (fussy cut) and leaves
Include a black and white pattern
String
Tiny brads (gold heart on the pink photo corner)

TESTIMONY

I used the Writing Format prompt this time and wrote a 4 line poem about my smallest person growing up.

Journaling

i blinked and look! what did you do?
you grew up fast, though i asked you not to.
i wish you were still small, though you wouldn’t agree
forever and always, my baby you’ll be


Here's some closeups :


Here's the fussy cut flowers and leaves a little closer. I spent about 30 - 45 minutes cutting them out from a 6x6 patterned paper. I watched a Vicki Boutin Live video on Facebook while doing it though, so it made for a fun Friday night. I actually find fussy cutting quite relaxing. I used both my sewing scissors (because i like how small AND sharp the blades are) and my exacto knife for this.




While I was watching the Vicki Boutin video, I was also inspired to try creating a background. These two photos show the gesso stenciling that I attempted. I do like how it turned out, and may attempt it again in the future.


This is the little photo corner. My happy mistake on this layout is also here - in tying the knot, I accidentally frayed the ends of the string. I really like how it looks!


And finally, a closeup of my title work. Here also, you can see my jounaling on the label.

I hope you'll join us in solving this case!

If you do, please link up your creations using the Mr.Linky tool on the right hand side of the CSI : Color, Stories, Inspiration blog. You'll be eligible for prizes from our amazing July 2018 sponsors!!

I can't wait to see your creations!

Thanks for popping by to check out my page today!

4 comments:

Gerry's Craft Room said...

Great use of the coloursđź’•

Edith @ Cloutiere said...

I like it!! Beautiful layout!! :D

Unknown said...

As I've said before, you do the most awesome pages!!

Debbi Tehrani said...

Beautiful background work and fussy cut flowers!