Saturday, August 10, 2019

Sweet, Colourful You

If you've been following me at all you'll know my personal feelings regarding the colours pink and purple.

So when this new case from CSI : Color, Stories, Inspiration came up, it was even more of a challenge. I actually don't have that much to work with in regards to those 2 colours, but thanks to the SCT Sampler kit that I receive every month, I was able to pull this together.

Here's Case #291 Freestyle Prompts: :


And the Traditional Case File and Clues :


Our photo inspiration comes from this gorgeous image from digital artwork by Bloomsical.


EVIDENCE

Floral pattern
Stripes
Cameras
Globes
Travel-themed elements
Hot-air balloons or other transportation
Clouds
Flowers, leaves
Paint
Gold elements
Doily
Buckles
Hearts
Brush font lettering
Label
Swirly things
Nuvo drops (or something similar)
Ribbons, bows
Glitter

TESTIMONY

Topic: Document a trip you’ve had or one you dream of.
Prompt Idea: Get inspired by these August Prompts
Presentation: Write your journaling on a label.
Writing Format: Write your journaling as a Top 5 list.
Inspiration Words: wanderlust, fashion, art

THE SCHEME (RGB Codes)

138.73.129 – purple
217.178.204 – lavender
255.255.251 – white
244.216.205 – ballet slipper pink
2.2.2 – dark black


And here's what I made with it!


These pictures are from my youngest daughter's Grade 8 Graduation night. Everything that she wanted for her "look" was completely different than every other girl in her class - from the fauxhawk to the long dress and high heeled shoe, she's so colourful!


Here's how I solved this case:

COLOURS

All of the colours are there, plus I added in some light blue, and a brighter pink in addition to the scheme.

EVIDENCE
Floral pattern
Stripes
Flowers
Paint
Gold elements
Hearts
Brush font lettering
Label

TESTIMONY

I'm planning on making a TOP 5 List as suggested by the WRITING FORMAT clue. I was also inspired by the WORD : Fashion.


Here's some closeups :


Here's a closer look at the title area. Most of the product here is from Vicki Boutin. I used many pop dots in the creation of this page, but I really love the dimension that they bring. I mixed a tiny bit of Vicki's gold glaze with more of her iridescent glaze to get a "softer" gold colour for the stenciling. The photo doesn't really show how glittery it is IRL.




Many, many layers using many, many pop dots under the main photo on the page!





My favorite photo and the perfect embellishment!! She loves this "rockin' it out" pose and uses it often, so OF COURSE we had to do it at Grad too! Also a closer look at the "watercolour kissing" background work on the page, and more stenciling. I have to get better at planning my backgrounds first. There's way more kissed colour under the photo block that I ended up covering up!






And finally, just a couple of photos of some of the finishing touches - these are all just stickers, but they add just the perfect little something to this page.




This month, we have seven generous sponsors. Click HERE to read more about our sponsors and the prizes they are donating. Winners will be selected randomly from all of our players, with a few exceptions where sponsors have asked us to choose from certain geographic regions. Head on over to our CSI Scrapbook Challenge Page for more details and to participate!

Thanks for popping by today - I can't wait to see what you've created!!

2 comments:

Jacynthe said...

I don't know why you shy away from pink and purple, you incorporated them beautifully on this layout. I love how the eye goes directly to the vertical line down the centre of your page. It perfectly reflects the vertical line created by her long dress. Great design idea. I also love the gold dots, and how you've overlapped the word "you" over the word "colorful". The soft watercolour effect on the background is subtle but still adds a pretty touch. Really well done. TFS.

Heather McMahon said...

For someone who doesn't like pink and purple, you've handled them beautifully here. I used to hate pick but now it's one of my fave colours. It's funny how things change!