Saturday, September 15, 2018

Hello Beautiful

How are we halfway through September already??? Time just keeps going faster and faster, I swear.

This being mid-month means we have a new Case file up over at CSI : Color, Stories, Inspiration! Let's have a peek at Case #262.

Here's the freestyle case prompts:


And the traditional Case File and Clues :




EVIDENCE

Floral Print
Stripes
Dots
Cat, bird, other animals
Bee or other insects
Flowers, leaves, flower pots
Something swirl
Rhinestone swirls
Hearts
Music-themed element
Nuvo Drops, Liquid Pearls, or something similar
Bows
Triangles
Scallops
Multi-colored alphabet
Layered/ dimensional stickers
Buttons
Brads

TESTIMONY (JOURNALING IDEAS)

Topic: Document your pet or another animal.
Prompt Idea: Choose a September prompt.
Presentation: Write your journaling in cursive.
Writing Format: Write a thank-you note to your subject.
Inspiration Words: happy, sing, darling

THE SCHEME (RGB Codes)

240.69.148 – fuchsia
189.208.57 – chartreuse
255.255.255 – bright white
255.241.22 – lemon yellow
9.9.7 - black


And here's what I made with it this time :


I made this page as an encouragement for myself. I've been thinking a lot lately of what I might like to do with my love of scrapbooking. I have a dream to make a business or a career out of it, but it never seems to be the right time or we never have the money or I get passed over for publication, or, or, or. There's always SOMETHING holding me back from even trying. I think that something might be ME.

When we came to look at our new house the first time, I was OVERJOYED to see that it had a room which seemed to be dedicated to crafty pursuits. In fact, the previous owners actually had a Cricut in it. After that I quietly spent some time praying and dreaming about this house. And then we were in competition with 3 other offers for it. And much to my surprise, our offer was chosen over all the others!!

My sister in law told me once how she thought it was so great that God delighted in giving me something that I really hadn't asked for (this dedicated crafting space). I never really thought of it that way before. Now I believe that this house, and this room is part of Gods plan for my life. I just have to remind myself once in awhile that I can do THIS whatever THIS may be.

Here's how I solved this Case:

COLOURS

All of the colours are there, with a little tiny but of orange added because it was in the papers that I chose to use (Highline 6x6 paper pad by Basic Grey). While normally not hues that I work with, I LOVED how the bright colours just pop off the black and white this time.

EVIDENCE

Stripes
Dots
Bird
Other Insect (butterfly on my pink tag)
Flowers
Hearts
Bows

TESTIMONY

I used the presentation prompt this time and wrote my journaling in cursive. It's hidden behind the middle square, which I turned into a pocket.

Journaling

You have dreams that are worth following
You can totally make them come true
You just have to choose to make it happen
Stop making excuses and figure it out
Don't let this dream die like the last one did
August 2018


Here's a few closeups of my page:



Here's a closer look at my title. I try and make my title work interesting or different, by using different fonts, stickers or papers to put them together. Often, I have the title placed on the page not "in order" if that makes sense. The whole title of this page is : "Hello Beautiful - you can do this" . So, while not in order, it makes the title more part of the design of the page.


Here's my journaling card pulled out of the pocket. I don't really like my handwriting that much, but I think it's important to include it once in awhile. It makes this page feel more personal than it would if I had just typed it on my computer.


And finally, this is from the bottom of the layout up. I LOVE layering my papers and embellishments up. It makes any page more interesting. After adhesive, I think I spend the most of my scrapbooking budget on pop dots and foam tape!!


Don't forget, if you play with this case and link up over at CSI using the Mr. Linky tool on the right-hand side, you'll be entered into the draw for prizes from our awesome sponsors pictured above!!

Thanks for popping by and checking out my page today!
I can't wait to see how you solve this case!!!

1 comment:

Jacynthe said...

I really love the sentiment behind this page, Vivian. I would dare say many of us are our own worst enemies. It's so easy to find excuses not to do something. I certainly am guilty of that. Hopefully, you'll find the courage to get your scrapbooking dream into motion.

Beautiful layout once again. I love the clean approach to your scrapbooking style. Even though there are many different layers of papers and embellishments, your page has a calm, serene look to it. The large pocket for the journaling is a really neat idea. I love the mandala flower, and the use of pre-printed phrases to compliment the journaling. Really well done. TFS. ♥