Saturday, March 16, 2019

Layout Round Up!!

I've fallen off the blogging wagon, but I swear, today I'm catching up and jumping back on.

I'm not really sure what happened - but I guess if I'm very honest, it's just pure laziness. Creating a blog post takes me about an hour, and sometimes (especially lately) I just don't feel like it. I think I might have to make my posts shorter, just for the time being, to help myself get back into the swing of things. So today I'm going to be sharing 4 layouts, all at once!

First up, for February CSI Case #273 (this case is closed), LOVE LOVE LOVE You

Here's the Freestyle Case File :


And the tradtional Case File Clues :


And here's what I made with it!


I ADORE how this turned out - in fact I have it over my computer right now in my scrap room.

The EVIDENCE CLUES I used were : Paint, Wreath, Wood, Flowers, Ribbon, Hearts, Valentines themed elements, Metal & Distressing.

The TESTIMONY I used were : TOPIC & the INSPIRATION WORD Valentine

All of the colours are there, with the addition of a large amount of gold. The circle was inspired by Vicki Boutin's new premade mixed media backgounds.

Here's how I did it:


I used this brush and gold glaze on Vicki Boutin Foundations paper.


I painted around the bigger lid first just straight from the jar of glaze, no water added. I did this quickly, not really caring too much about it being even or fully covering the white background. Next, I put the smaller lid inside the first circle, and painted around that, making the circle a little wider. Under the patterned papers there is no glaze, so it looks a little like a donut, if that makes sense.


Then I made some grey watercolor using this crayon and painted it over the gold glaze circle after it was dry. It filled in the white spaces left by the brush strokes and I used it as the grey colour in the combo.

Here's a few extra closeups :








Next up, for CSI Case #275 - Create Play, BE Happy

Here's the Freestyle Case File :


And the Traditional Case File Clues :


And here's what I made with it!


The EVIDENCE CLUES I used were : Floral Pattern Stripes, Polka Dots, Washi tape, Frames, Watercolour, Scissors, and Something that requires electricity (I used my heat gun to dry my layers of watercolour)

The TESTIMONY I used were : The TOPIC clue and the INSPIRATION WORD Joy.

All of the colours are there, and I had fun creating a small watercolour background with the pink, yellow and green colours of the combo.

I was also inspired by THIS pin - the twine tied straws inspired my own paper rolls.

Here's a few closeups of this layout :




Next up, CSI Case #276 - Summer Flowers

Here's the Freestyle Case File :


And the Tradtional Case File and Clues :


And here's what I made with it!


The EVIDENCE CLUES I used were : Dots, Gingham, Stripes, Ribbon and bows, Patchwork & Diecuts.

The TESTIMONY CLUES I used were : The TOPIC clue and the INSPIRATION WORD adorable.

All of the colours are there, just slightly less bright than the provided palette, which I found suited the era (1970's) of the photos better.

Here's a few closeups of this page :



And finally, a page made for a sketch challenge over on the Vicki Boutin Community Page.

Here's the sketch :


And here's my layout :


I had so much fun making this! Right now this is my very favorite colour combo and the photo is of me and one of my very favorite people. I really, really love how this turned out! Here's a few closeups:






Thanks for popping by and checking out my blog today!
I hope you'll join us over at CSI : Color, Stories, Inspiration - we have some great prizes being offered by our super March sponsors!


I can't wait to see what you create with these cases!!



No comments: