Friday, July 23, 2010

Managing.....

a little creativity in the midst of all the chaos. But, I will say it's not been easy with no real table surface to work on. A cardboard box doesn't really cut it, you know?? At any rate, this month the challenge over at Paper Poppy was to use circles and 2 items from any PP Kit on your layout. But, since I have limited space and resources, I decided to make a card instead. Maybe it won't count for the contest, but that doesn't really matter. I was just glad to do SOMETHING crafty, and since I just received my new kit yesterday, here's my card :


I used the July kit for most of it, plus a rub on from the June kit and pearls from the May kit.

Also in this picture are two of the books that I've read this summer. They are both, however, the last books in a large series, so if you've never read any of them, you might have to start at the beginning. I will warn you ahead of time that the Naamah series is NOT tame. By any stretch of the imagination. But I still enjoyed the series very much.

Otherwise, the reno is moving along. In fact, as I'm typing this, my hubby, his Dad and his brother are all hanging drywall in the living room. We're that much closer to getting our 400 sq feet back. THANK GOODNESS. I'm going just a little bit mad here.

Have a good one!

2 comments:

mustangkayla said...

Cute cute card! I love it!

Aphra Bolyer said...

Hey Vivian! Hope your reno is over soon. I mean, scrapping on a cardboard box, that's roughing it girl!

Your card is SUPER cute and by all means counts for the challenge! LOVE how you used the Lily Bee rub-on....I will be trying that one. ;)