Monday, April 17, 2017

CSI #228 - Happy Together

I'm back again with another great case from CSI : Color, Stories, Inspiration. Here's the case file:


This colour combo is a great one - and I LOVE the scene photo! I really want that living room in my house. It feels kinda summery and light, doesn't it?

And, here's the layout that I created.



Last summer we celebrated my parents 45th wedding anniversary with them at the "home farm". Part of the celebration weekend included updating our family photos. This layout showcases a few of the photos that were taken of my family during that time.

And here's how I solved the case :

COLOURS

All of the colours are there.

EVIDENCE

Solid Background
Arabesque shape
Frame
Monogram
Branches/Flowers
Embossing folder - I did not use a folder but did use an embossed solid white cardstock as my base. The embossing pattern reminded me of the photo frames/mirrors in the scene photo.
Silver Metal

TESTIMONY

I used the April question prompt

#9. _______ makes me happy
#11. List the people you live with

And also used the inspiration word "home".

The journaling reads as follows:

Richard, Renee, Ethan, and Erica
Spending time with you makes me so very happy.
Wherever we are together, that is home.
I love you all.
04 . 17 . 2017


All the photos on the layout were taken by Danielle of Vallis Photography.


And here's some detail shots:



This photo shows the title work a little closer. I've had those flower stems (I think they're Prima) for a long time. I'm not usually a flower girl but I loved them when I saw them. After bringing them home though, I couldn't figure out how to make them look good on a layout until now. I really like them here. Also here you can see the "16" highlighted by the belt buckle - that's a play on the year that the photos were taken. Once again, I pulled my mini stapler into service, and discovered that you can staple wooden hearts with it. Speaking of which have you ever seen wooden hearts so TINY?? I love them!


This photo shows the left hand side of the layout. I really loved this family photo - it's an outtake, and I'm pulling a funny face, but truly shows what every family photo shoot ends up like for us. Love that our photographer captured the "real" for us.


And finally, this photo is showing the fussy cut arabesque shape at the top right of the layout. I cut out a second middle piece and then popped it up for a little dimension.

As I look back at my pages, I'm noticing that a few things always seem make it on to my layouts - I always have a bow or knot, always have something metal, always pop something up, and usually have something fussy cut. How about you? Is there something that you always do or a signature element that you always include?

Thanks for popping by to check out my page today!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Super layout, you have solved the case file perfectly, with the colours too! Its lovely to get those up to date family photos to scrap! Thanks for joining in with us at CSI!

Kylie gW said...

Lovely colour match for the challenge. And love those mix of textures and use of the branch for the evidence. That was the one thing I left out!

Nina said...

Great layout and colours! Love all the details under the two photos:-)

Debbi Tehrani said...

Beautiful photos and you rocked the Case Files. Love the way you used that buckle, and those flowers are perfect here. I also have a tricky time with flowers. Love the colors with the black and white photos.

Стокли said...

Such a lovely and neat looking page!