Sunday, March 19, 2017

A Great Day to Fly - CSI Major Case #225

I'm back again with another page created for CSI : Color, Stories, Inspiration. I'm always thankful for the way Debbi tries to push us to make our pages more meaningful by including the story behind the photos. And the combos?? Gorgeous!

Here's the case file for this combo. It's is open until the end of the month, so there's still plenty of time to come play along!!


Here's my layout :


And here's how I solved the case :

COLOURS AND SKETCH

All of the colours are there - and I loved them all! Red, blue and yellow?? HEAVEN. I had enough photos to make a 12x24 layout this time. I tried to incorporate the sketch a little on the left-hand side of the page but kind of mirror-flipped it if that makes sense.

EVIDENCE

Stars
Washi tape - the blue plaid pattern on the red strips around the page
Things that fly
Triangles
Circles
Wings

TESTIMONY

Journal about an adventure and the inspiration word "fly"

The journaling reads as follows :

In April of 2015, Dad bought a sightseeing flight from Owen Sound Flight Services at Timothy Christian School's annual fundraising auction. He decided that he would treat his 5 oldest grandchildren to an awesome experience. In fact, for 2 of the 6 passengers, it was the first time ever on a plane! But there isn't enough room for 5 people in a Cessna 172. Dad solved that problem by buying an extra sightseeing flight, and that made room for 6 people. So, the three oldest granddaughters went up first, and then Dad joined his grandsons for the second flight. Renee took pictures during the girls flight, but they were lost when she switched phones. As a result, all the photos on this page, with the exception of one, were taken by Dad. I think one of the best photos is the one taken while the pilot was flying over the "home farm". The whole afternoon made for an extra special experience indeed.

And, as always, here's some close ups of the page.


I popped up the letters for the word "FLY", which I punched from a patterned paper.


All the stars are cork - a really fun texture to add to a page. Here you can see where I used my old Heidi Swapp Edge Distresser - I distressed all of the circles which I rough cut from a different patterned paper.


The small picture is popped up - that's my son and my nephew with the pilot. Also here you can see the canvas wings, and where I used my new Tiny Attacher for an interesting design element. (plus I just really wanted to give it a go - LOVE how easy it is to use!)


This photo shows the property where I grew up - the pilot flew over it and my Dad snapped this great photo! In it you can see the HUGE garden (to the left side of the houses) that my parents plant every year. When we were growing up Mom put a lot of the produce that we grew into the freezer and we ate from it all year long.


This photo shows my current home from the air (top left hand side). It's turned out to be unplanned but special that I have a bit of "then & now" documentation going on on this page.


Thanks for popping by today to check out my page!!




4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fabulous double page layout and fantastic journaling! Thanks for joining us at CSI!

WendyBen said...

Great solvinfg of the case, I am a great fan of double pages! What an awesome time you had and great to have this recorded! Thanks for sharing at CSI!

Unknown said...

Very cool layout! My dad was an aerial photographer and this is so inspiring to use some of our aerials and "in the headset" photos! Love it :)

Debbi Tehrani said...

What a cool experiences and some awesome photos! Great design for showcasing them!