Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Love is....

HAPPY 2019!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This past year has been one that was full of changes for myself and my family - some of them hard, but most of them good. I'm looking forward to what 2019 will bring us!!

Quickly, here's my updated page from Case # 268. I've added in our 2018 #christmasselfie and changed the layout a tiny bit.
I'll post the original page underneath.






A new year marks CSI : Colour, Stories, Inspirations 7th Birthday!!

And what better way to celebrate than with a new case?

Let's have a look at Case #269.

Here's the Freestyle Case Prompts:


And the Traditional Case File and Clues:


EVIDENCE

polka dots
plaid
floral pattern
chevron
stripes
stitching
banner
hearts/bunting
camper or other vehicle
flowers
multi-colored title letters
signs
decorative border
string/twine
hang something
cursive font
bows
rub-ons
birthday accents
tea/food accents

TESTIMONY (Journaling Ideas)

Topic: Document a birthday or other celebration
Prompt Idea: Choose a prompt from Paper Wishes.
Presentation: Create a little sign to hold your journaling.
Writing Format: Write your story in the form of an invitation.
Inspiration Words: wishes, beginnings, new

THE SCHEME (RGB Codes)

141.201.191 – light turquoise
217.69.103 – cerise (sort of a fruit punch pink)
7.117.140 – blue with a touch of teal
254.254.254 – white
159.124.105 – paper bag brown


And here's what I made with it:


The "Prompt Idea" from the testimony clues inspired this layout. I scrolled down the page from Paper Wishes and used prompt # 11 - "Describe love using all 5 senses". I then tried to find pictures of my husband and I to match the sense. These photos are from our 12.5 anniversary, which was almost 10 years ago now, but they just suited the subject so well!!


Here's how I solved this case.

COLOURS

All of the colours are there, with the addition of a little bit of black. I tried my hand at creating a blue watercolour background and, since gold is my favorite, flicked a bit of watered down gold glaze through the background as well.

EVIDENCE

Stripes
Hearts
Flowers
String/Twine
Cursive Font
Bows

TESTIMONY

I used the PROMPT IDEA this time. I chose prompt #11 "Describe LOVE using all 5 senses"

Journaling

So this page is very journaling heavy. To make it easier to read (hopefully) without adding tons of text to this post, I put all the journaling on one page in Word, printed it out and then scanned it as a photo.



Here's some closeups of my page:




Here's a look at my title work. I love making my titles really stand out on my pages and this time it's no exception to that. I started out with the heart and then kept adding and adding until it just felt finished. And then I added just one more thing! Also here you can just see the spots of shiny gold glaze that I added to the background of the page.



These are the other two embellishment clusters scattered around the page.


And finally, a close up look at my "oops!!" on this page. After I printed this block of journaling I noticed that the "O" on the word "OF" was missing. So, rather than reprinting the whole block, I reprinted just that line, cut the word out, and glued it down.


Thanks for popping by and checking out my page today!
I can't wait to see how you solve this case!


No comments: