Sunday, December 23, 2018

Better Late Than Never!!!

Hello all again!

I'm late, but back with another new case from CSI : Color, Stories Inspiration!! This case opened up on December 15, and will remain open until the end of December. The lovely Scene for this Case File was found on decorating website House of Four.

Let's take a closer look at Case #268!

Here's a look at the freestyle case prompts :



And the traditional case file and clues :



EVIDENCE

Wood background
Plaid
Christmas/holiday elements
Deer/antlers or other animal
Frames
Car
Mason jar
Wood
Buckles
Chalkboard elements
Circles
Tie something
Vintage elements
Ribbon
Trees/greenery
Metal
Poinsettia/other flowers
Light bulbs

TESTIMONY (JOURNALING IDEAS)

Topic: Document something about the holidays
Prompt Idea: Choose a Christmas prompt.
Presentation: Frame your journaling.
Writing Format: Use a song lyric as part of your journaling.
Inspiration Words: dreaming, merry, know

THE SCHEME (RBG Codes)

247.244.239 – cream
171.181.131 – olive green
207.96.102 – red
102.101.106 – dark gray, charcoal
159.122.95 – tawny brown/ peanut brown

And here's what I made with it:



About 5 years ago, I solved a different CSI case that started a new Christmas tradition in my family. That was Case #150 and you can find that File HERE on Pinterest. Now every year before we open gifts, we take a Christmas #selfie. The topic clue prompted this layout, documenting 5 years of selfies. I've left space for the 5th picture and I'll post the layout with the last photo on it after Christmas is done. I'm still not sure how big the photo will be or where I'll be putting it on the layout, but it will be fun to complete this page.

Here's how I solved this case :

COLOURS

All of the colours are there. There's a tiny bit of blue added, but only because it was in the background of my patterned paper that I chose for this layout.

EVIDENCE

Christmas elements
Deer
Car (truck)
Wood
Circles
Tie something (the little bow around the deer's neck)
Vintage elements (the patterned paper has a vintage feel)
Ribbon
Trees/greenery (again, the patterned paper)
Poinsettia
Frame

TESTIMONY

The TOPIC clue "Document something about the holidays" inspired the layout this time.

Journaling

Five years ago we started a new tradition thanks to a CSI challenge back in 2014.
Now before we open gifts on Christmas Day, we get together and take the annual Christmas #selfie.
Someday soon, there will be more faces in the picture.
I am so glad that we’ve kept up with it.
Love you all, so very much

11.24.2018


Here's a closer look at this layout :


Here's my little reindeer - He's actually a sticker that I popped up off the page. It was my sisters idea to tie the little twine bow around his neck and I just love how it looks!!



The wooden "Polaroid" frame made the perfect spot to highlight this little vintage girl from my patterned paper. I added the red phrase sticker to finish it off. Also here you can see that I've stamped the year using Staz-On right on the corners of the photos.


Here's my journaling spot. I've used the RGB codes provided to get the right shade of red for the #selfie word. Backing the journaling block in red gives me a triangle of red around the page. This technique helps keep your eyes moving around the layout.


I love singing this song at Christmas. So when I saw it in one of my patterned papers, I made sure to include it! There's actually four different papers here - The Santa / doily paper is one, the song strip is another, I fussy cut the truck out of a Thanksgiving (fall) themed paper, and the phrase strips are from some really old Scenic Route papers I had in my scraps stash.


This circle was punched from another patterned paper - the "5" represents 2 things. Five years of selfies, and also five people in our family. Also here you can see that I've added in my hashtag with wooden letters from Studio Calico.


And, finally here's a look from the bottom of the layout up at the title layers. I love, LOVE, LOVE layering and try to have some on every layout that I make!


Thanks for popping by and checking out my page today!

Don't forget, if you play with this case and link up over at CSI using the Mr. Linky tool on the right-hand side, you'll be entered into the draw for prizes from our awesome sponsors pictured above!!

I can't wait to see how you solve this case!

2 comments:

Natsuko said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natsuko said...

Beautiful layout❤️ I love the idea of taking selfies every Christmas, and I'm surprised that it started from the Casefile of CSI!