Thursday, July 5, 2012

Something Scrappy.....

to share today!! I've recently been playing over at CSI : Color, Stories, Inspiration. Every week Debbi gives us a colour combo, and journalling prompts as well as a list of elements to include on your LO. It's really given me a good push creatively, plus it's a really fun group of girls over there. If you've never checked it out, I think you should! Go now. Seriously.

This week the colour combo is this GORGEOUS pallette - and currently some of my very faves.




So here's what I made :



I saw a LO over on Pinterest that had these rolled strips of paper on it and I wanted to give it a try. I LOVE how it came out! I just used my trimmer the same way you would scissors and got paper strips to start curling that way. It made the rolling easier. This was a great way to use up a lot of my scraps. I even cheated once or twice by cutting a roll in half to make it look longer under my picture strip. The roll at the very end of the row on the right hand side is special - I made it at the last Scrapfest that I went to in April. The photos are from our 12.5 anniversary (2.5 years ago) by the super talented Stacy Hayward of Stacy's Creations Photography.

Here's some closeups of my page & also the special piece before I rolled it : 






Otherwise, summer vacation is in full swing here in our house - I have the next 9 weeks off to do whatever! We've got camping planned and a trip for me and hubby to Stratford again to see another Shakespeare play as well. I'm also thinking of taking the kiddos to Sudbury for a couple of days to check things out there for fun as well. We also have a family membership to the museums here, so they are on the list for visiting as well.

What do you do in the summertime?? 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: