Thursday, March 19, 2009

March Break.....

is already half over!! It's gone by so fast.

I am now officially First Aid and CPR Level A certified by St. Johns Ambulance! It was a good refreshment of a course I took AGES ago, and I'm glad to have it.

The kids spent all of Monday and Tuesday at my parents (YAY!! It so quiet around here). While they were gone I did a massive 5 hour cleanup of the second floor of the house - a task not for the faint hearted, my friends. Basically, in our house, the entire upstairs is the kid zone.....you get the picture, right? Whew, what a chore! The day was beautiful though, so the windows were open all day long - it always smells so fresh when you start spring cleaning like that. I'm glad it's done and now I can finally breathe up there again.

Today I tackled the "dining room" and part of the kitchen. I put it in quotes because for the most part, we don't dine in there - until now!! Just for kicks, I'm actually using it for the table!! I'll post some pics when it's finally all cleaned up. I'm really liking it, but we'll see how it really works for us in the next couple of weeks.

Yesterday we went to the Science Centre in Toronto. Remind me, please, that if I ever start talking about doing something like that on March Break week again, that it would be a VERY wrong plan? It was SO DARN BUSY that we really didn't enjoy ourselves fully. Really, I'm surprised that we didn't lose someone! However, we did end up getting a year long Family Membership, so we're going to go again in the summer sometime, and hopefully then we'll get more out of it. While we were there, we saw an IMAX film too. It's been a very long time since I went to one, and I forgot how cool they are! The kids have never been to one & they thought it rocked!!

Tomorrow I'm going to work for a little while, and hopefully I'll be finishing up my big project that I'm making with the April kit. I'm really liking how it's coming out!

Have a great night!

No comments: