Monday, June 22, 2009

One More Day.....

here in Halifax. My sister and I are planning a day of sightseeing if the weather is good and shopping at one of the LSSs.

Yesterday it poured, but we were at Pier 21 which is all indoor. What an amazing place!! They have photocopies of all the passenger lists from all the boats that brought immigrants to Pier 21 over from Europe over a 40 year period. My Dad stopped in at the research centre and found our family's names on one of the lists, so he signed his name next to it. I've really been into learning more about my family and our history, so yesterday was one of the highlights of the trip for me.


I'm starting to look forward to going home. I miss my hubby and kids and am sad that they're not here to share all of this with me. On the other hand, it's been fun to be by myself and not have to worry about the kids. It's been an experience that I'll never forget! Stay tuned for many, many pages about these last 5 days. =D

Have a great day!

No comments: